- The registration fee does not include the banquet dinner on Friday evening. For the registrant, a ticket to the banquet is $95 USD. A guest ticket for the banquet is $150. The banquet will be held at the beautiful Monterey Bay Aquarium, and attendees will have private access to all of the Aquarium’s exhibits!
- Once you pick a registration level (below) and ticket/s to the banquet, you will be directed to EventBrite to complete your purchase. Only ONE person may register per purchase.
- The deadline for abstracts has been extended to May 25th. Abstracts submitted after March 30th will be considered for posters.
- Registration is required to submit an abstract. Be prepared to submit your abstract at the time of registration. Registration fees are refundable up to 30 days before the Symposium.
- Read descriptions of the proposed sessions first. Limit abstracts to 300 words (about 1900 characters). If you need a of letter of acceptance in order to secure funding for travel or a travel visa, email your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org before registering, and we can send you one.
- If you would like to submit two abstracts, please type them both into the same abstract text box. Specify talk or poster in the text box (up to one talk total), but we cannot guarantee that either one will be selected as a talk. In the text box, indicate which session they are for. Please list the authors and affiliations for the second abstract in the body of the text box.
- Travel Awards: A limited number of awards to cover travel and other costs associated with attending the symposium are available. Applications will be ranked based on the scientific quality of the abstract and evidence of financial need. The deadline to apply for a travel award is March 30, 2018. Applicants for travel awards should provide a cost breakdown of the proposed travel including total costs, the amount of funds requested, and possibility of any co-funding. The maximum amount that can be requested is $1,000 USD. Awards will be announced by the end of June 2018 and payments made following the close of the symposium in September.
- Undergraduate students may email us with proof of student status for a coupon code.
*Non-member price includes a 1-year Deep-Sea Biology Society membership.
- Early registration closes
- Deadline for abstracts (talks)
- Deadline for travel award applications
- Regular registration closes
- Deadline for abstracts (posters)
- 29-June: Travel awards announced
- 24-August: Last day to register